ESSENTIAL AND OPEN
The Ministry of Health has evaluated dental offices as a whole and have declared them safe and essential. To protect you and our community, we have exceeded the regulations set forth by the Ministry of Health.
As you can imagine, time, stress, and postponing care can have adverse effects on your oral health. we recommend that you continue with your dental visits as planned.
Our commitment to your safety:
Stringent infection control and sterilization procedures already in place pre-covid
100% screening. All patients and staff are screened with health questionnaire and temperature.
Virtual check in and limited access – by appointment only.
Full PPE – universal precautions for every patient
Enclosed treatment rooms – we have enclosed all treatment rooms to prevent spread of any disease
Enhancements – Medical grade HEPA filters in every treatment room and common area
Fallow time – we allow extra time between patients to allow for extra air clearance time (times confirmed by HVAC engineer)
Thank you for your continuing to trust us with your care and we look forward to seeing you.
Belman Dental Centre.
COVID-19: Changes to Belman Dental Centre
We have implemented many changes at our office in order to keep our patients, staff, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. These changes are being implemented in addition to our usual infection control protocols. Together, our protective protocols go above and beyond the current recommendations of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) and the Ministry of Health.
1. Physical Changes
The following physical changes have been implemented to protect our patients and staff:
- Plexiglas barriers for all desks;
- Medical-grade HEPA filters in all rooms;
- Doors on all treatment rooms;
- PPE worn by all team members when not behind protective barriers; and
- More space between chairs in the reception area to enable social distancing.
2. Protocol Changes
We have made significant changes to our Cycle of Care protocols, i.e. the steps patients and staff go through before, during, and after an appointment.
Our new Cycle of Care protocol is designed to:
- Limit the number of people who enter the office;
- Limit the time you spend in the office; and
- Screen those who enter.
Together, these changes greatly reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 by (a) minimizing contacts, and (b) shrinking the chance that anyone with COVID-19 enters the office at all.
Day-Of protocols decrease opportunities for COVID-19 transmission within the office by ensuring social distancing and by protecting all patients and staff within the office.
· On the day of your appointment you will receive a link via text or email to complete the COVID screening form.
· *If you don’t have access to the internet/data on your cellphone we can provide you with a manual form upon arrival
· Come straight up to the 4th floor and ring the doorbell to confirm your screening form and check your temperature
Your treatment will proceed as usual. Our staff will be adhering to heightened infection control principles throughout the appointment.
Once your treatment is complete, you can proceed to the front desk where your insurance and payment will be processed.
3. COVID-19 Screening Questions
All patients will be screened for the following signs and symptoms (as recommended by the RCDSO):
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
Patients over 70 years old will additionally be screened for:
- Unexplained or increased number of falls
- Acute functional decline
- Worsening of chronic conditions