Has your daily routine changed since social distancing and isolation? If the answer is yes, you’re not alone. COVID-19 has impacted almost every aspect of day-to-day life, including our habits and habitual activities. Some may be consuming more sugary treats and beverages, while others may have experienced changes in their morning/night routines and not brushing their teeth as often. These types of lifestyle changes can drastically affect your oral health.
When we consume a snack that’s high in carbohydrates, it mixes with the bacteria in our mouths and creates an acid. You can reduce your chances of an acid attack by avoiding those types of snacks, and maintaining your oral hygiene routine.
Tips To Reduce Oral Acid Attacks
- Try and limit your snacks to two a day and meals to three a day. This will reduce your chances of any sugar you're consuming to mix in your mouth.
- Drink water frequently throughout the day as it will help to keep your mouth moist and clean.
- Snacks such as cucumbers, apples and celery are low in sugar and help to rinse your teeth as you eat them.
Maintain Your Oral Health in Covid And Beyond
- Make sure to brush your teeth at least two times a day, and floss once daily. Try to purchase products that contain fluoride for added cavity prevention.
- Invest in your oral hygiene products. Purchase mouthwash to use daily, and consider buying a waterpik or electric toothbrush.
- Drink water or rinse your mouth after every meal to release any trapped food particles.
We Can Help Take Care Of Your Smile!
Dr. Belman and our team at Belman Centre Dental are here to help you achieve your healthiest smile in COVID times and beyond. With strict COVId-19 protocols and vaccinations, you can rest assured your health and safety will be well protected. We offer a variety of treatments such as Invisalign, cosmetic dentistry, and TMJ solutions! Call us at 416-486-1136 to book your consultation today, or fill out our online contact form. We can’t wait to see you and your family in our office soon!